NAMI In Our Own Voice presentations change attitudes, assumptions and stereotypes about people with mental health conditions.
These FREE, 40-, 60- or 90-minute presentations provide a personal perspective of mental illness, as presenters with lived experience talk openly about what it’s like to live with a mental health condition.
Our trained presenters humanize the misunderstood, highly stigmatized topic of mental illness by showing that it’s possible—and common—to live well with a mental health condition. This presentation also provides:
- A chance to ask presenters questions, allowing for a deeper understanding of mental health conditions and dispelling of stereotypes and misconceptions.
- The understanding that every person with a mental health condition can hope for a brighter future.
- Information on how to learn more about mental health and get involved with the mental health community.
THE IOOV PRESENTATION IS FOR:
- Persons with mental illness
- Family members or loved ones of persons with mental illness
- Healthcare providers
- Law Enforcement