A NEWLY REVISED 8-week education program specifically for family members, significant others and friends of people who live with a mental health condition.
NAMI Family-to-Family is a FREE, NEWLY REVISED 8-session educational and evidence-based program. Research shows that the program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to an individual living with a mental health condition.
NAMI Family-to-Family is taught by NAMI-trained family members who have been there and include presentations, discussion, and interactive exercises.
SPRING 2021 CLASS NOW FULL
Please watch our website for details on our next class Fall 2021.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
NAMI Family-to-Family not only provides critical information and strategies for taking care of the person you love, but you’ll also find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope.
The group setting of NAMI Family-to-Family provides mutual support and shared positive impact—you can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation. You can also help others through your own experience. In the program, you’ll learn about:
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications, and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family
Please call NAMI Billings at 406-256-2001 for more information.