A 6-session ONLINE education program specifically for parents, caregivers, and other family who provide care for children, adolescents and young adults up to age 22 experiencing mental health symptoms.
This education course is ONLY offered online at this time.
NAMI Basics OnDemand is an adaptation of the in-person program, and is taught by trained leaders with lived experience. This is a self-paced virtual platform available 24/7, offering the flexibility of participating in the course on your schedule. Both NAMI Basics, and NAMI Basics OnDemand provide identical information, strategies and the opportunity to connect with other parents and caregivers.
Click here to register: basics.nami.org
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
NAMI Basics and NAMI Basics OnDemand helps you:
- Manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Learn how to take care of yourself and handle stress
- Develop confidence and stamina to support your child with compassion
- Advocate for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings
- Learn about current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- Gain an overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems and supporting resources to help you navigate these systems
- Understand the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family