A FREE 8-week education program specifically for family members, significant others and friends of people who live with a mental health condition.
Research shows that the 8-week NAMI Family-to-Family education program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to an individual living with a mental health condition. It is taught by trained family members who have been there, and includes presentations, discussions, and interactive exercises. It not only provides critical information and strategies for taking care of the person you love, but you’ll also find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope.
Please register on our home page
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
This in-person group setting provides the opportunity for mutual support and shared positive impact. You can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to your experiences, and through participation have a chance to help others grow.
NAMI Family-to-Family helps you:
- Learn how to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Take care of yourself and manage your stress
- Develop the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Find and use local supports and services
- Stay up-to-date on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Stay up-to-date on current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications, and side effects
- Understand the impact of mental illness on the entire family
Please call NAMI Billings at 406-256-2001 for more information.