National Alliance on Mental Illness of Montana
NAMI-MT, the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill of Montana, Montana’s Voice on Mental Illness, is dedicated to the understanding and eradication of serious mental illness and to the improvement of the quality of life of those whose lives are affected by these illnesses.
NAMI-MT shall accomplish its mission through the following:
- Provide support and advocacy to individuals with serious mental illness and their families;
- Promote community support services, including but not restricted to, housing, day programs, employment, etc.;
- Insure public, consumer, and member education.
- Promote research into all aspects of mental illness to include diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, etc.;
- Liaison with other mental health organizations;
- Foster an understanding of patient and family rights;
- Coordination of activities of Affiliate Chapters upon request;
- Solicit and receive funds either private or governmental in support of all the above.
*Taken from the Family-to-Family Program 2014 Materials